Message Of The Day - System Status will dynamicaly generate the /etc/motd file with current information about system resources and usage. Using crontab the script will periodically display status of system resources and services. The original message of the day will be stored in the /etc/motd.orig file.
Configuring e-mail address you'll receive the notifications about following issues with configurable warning and critical limits:
- high CPU load
- exceeding disk space
- intensive usage of SWAP space
- specific process is not runnig
- specific local network service is not running
- NTP is not synchronized with network peer(s)
- too many e-mails in mail queue
~snip~ PrintMotd yes ~snip~
The system status report is organized into three columns:
- 1st column contains information about partition(s) free space and usage in percentage.
- 2nd column will display information about used memory and swap space
- 3rd column will monitor running processes and local network services
Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions or bug report(s) at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org